Take Time For Yourself! You are Worth It ! Photo:© Cindy Fahnestock-Schafer
Life is so busy, work, family, kids, errands, house chores, no one seems to have the time. In my previous post about finding a good work-life balance, I explained that you have to reset your mind from time to time. This means taking some time out for yourself.
This time out doesn’t need to be a day, but should be long enough to get your mind off of things. Here are some great suggestions to help you stay focused.
- Get up a half hour to 45 minutes early before the rest of your house wakes up. Take a short walk and start your day right! Exercise reduces stress and gets you in touch with nature first thing in the morning!
- Spend some alone time in the tub. Nothing relieves stress like a hot bath, mixed with some of your favorite herbal bath suds.
- Spend an hour reading your favorite websites, you are worth it. Taking your mind off the stresses of the day .
- Read a book or magazine. This is actually helpful if you spend your day on the computer. Doing something other than looking at a screen can refocus your mind and help.
- Do a hobby that you love for an hour! Whether it be making crafts or gardening, a small bit of activity goes a long way. Need some ideas? Why not make a collage card for a friend, a post card for someone you care about, a sculpture from clay, knit or crochet part of a blanket, sew or repair that hole in your jeans….
- Bake something or make something in the kitchen, Sometimes the smell of something cooking can be therapeutic in itself! Try a new recipe, make something healthy, maybe a kale salad that you can nibble on for lunch tomorrow?
- Spend quality time with the husband, wife, or kids. Do something not planned, spur of the moment.
- Have sex, yes, that’s right! I said have sex with the husband, wife, boyfriend, etc. Sex releases happy happy endorphins to recharge the body!
It’s a proven fact that happiness or smiling resets the soul, so do it! Find time for yourself to de-stress and unwind from your day.